Subject: [DMM] AERO source code available

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 22:50:00 +0000

Hello,

AERO (draft-templin-aerolink) has been under internal development for
some time, and is now available for first public release:

http://linkupnetworks.org/aero/aero-3.0.1.tgz
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-aerolink/

This release includes a user-level daemon for use on AERO Clients and
Servers, and a kernel-level driver for use on AERO Relays. Also included are
network emulation models of simple AERO networks for experimentation
using the Common Open Research Emulator (CORE):

http://www.nrl.navy.mil/itd/ncs/products/core

The code has been tested primarily on Ubuntu, but can be ported to other
linux-based platforms. Android testing should also be possible.

This release currently demonstrates the following aspects of AERO:

- AERO tunnel virtual NBMA link
- DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation (PD)
- IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND)
- BGP routing
- AERO Client to Internet host communications
- AERO Client to AERO Client route optimization
- AERO Client mobility

Guidance can be found in README files and manpages; please feel free to
experiment with the code and send feedback. We will address any issues
and introduce new functionality in follow-on releases in a timely fashion.

Fred Templin
[email-masked]