Subject: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 15:58:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Mobility Anchoring
        Authors         : H Anthony Chan
                          Xinpeng Wei
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
                          Seil Jeon
                          Alexandre Petrescu
                          Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-01.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2016-09-08

Abstract:
   This document defines distributed mobility anchoring to meet diverse
   mobility needs in 5G Wireless and beyond.  Multiple anchors and nodes
   with mobility functions work together to provide IP mobility support.
   A network or network slice may be configured with distributed
   mobility anchoring with the needed behaviors depending on the needs
   of mobility support.  In the distributed mobility anchoring
   environment, multiple anchors are available for mid-session switching
   of an IP prefix anchor.  Without ongoing session requiring session
   continuity, a flow can be re-started using a new IP prefix which is
   allocated from the new network and is therefore anchored to the new
   network.  With ongoing session, the anchoring of the prior IP prefix
   may be relocated to the new network to enable session continuity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/