Subject: [DMM] T.M.Tmap name clarification (draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-03

From: "Kentaro Ebisawa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 06:48:26 +0000

Hi,

I have a suggestion of clarifying what T.M.Tmap does by chainging it's 
name.
There might be some intention when chosing the name (whichi I'm not 
aware of), so comments are appreciated.

"T.M.Tmap" is a function to transform IPv4/GTP to SRv6 which corresponds 
to "End.M.GTP6.D" for IPv6/GTP.
Since "T.M.Tmap" only handles IPv4/GTP tunnel, I think it would be more 
clear to include "GTP4" in the name like in "End.M.GTP6.D".

For example, "T.M.GTP4map" or "T.M.GTP4.Map".

While there might be less possiblility, this could also avoid confusion 
when we come up with a function which decap/map tunnels other tthan 
IPv4/GTP like GRE etc. to SRv6.

Also, I think description of the function could be more clear by noting 
this is for IPv4/GTP tunnel.

For example,

 > 6.6. T.M.Tmap
 > The "Transit with tunnel decapsulation and map to an SRv6 policy"
 > function (T.M.Tmap for short) is used in the direction from legacy
 > user-plane to SRv6 user-plane network.

could be like below in line with description in "6.3. End.M.GTP6.D".

6.6. T.M.GTP4map
The "Transit with IPv4/GTP decapsulation and map to an SRv6 policy"
function (T.M.GTP4map for short) is used in the direction from legacy
IPv4/GTP user-plane to SRv6 user-plane network.

Comments?

Thanks,
--
Kentaro Ebisawa <[email-masked]>