Subject: [DMM] RFC 8653 on On-Demand Mobility Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 21:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8653

        Title:      On-Demand Mobility Management 
        Author:     A. Yegin, 
                    D. Moses,
                    S. Jeon
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8653

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8653

Applications differ with respect to whether they need session
continuity and/or IP address reachability. The network providing the
same type of service to any mobile host and any application running
on the host yields inefficiencies, as described in RFC 7333.  This
document defines a new concept of enabling applications to influence
the network's mobility services (session continuity and/or IP address
reachability) on a per-socket basis, and suggests extensions to the
networking stack's API to accommodate this concept.

This document is a product of the Distributed Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC