Subject: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 05:05:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Mobility Anchoring
        Authors         : H. Anthony Chan
                          Xinpeng Wei
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
                          Seil Jeon
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2019-11-01

Abstract:
   This document defines distributed mobility anchoring in terms of the
   different configurations and functions to provide IP mobility
   support.  A network may be configured with distributed mobility
   anchoring functions for both network-based or host-based mobility
   support according to the needs of mobility support.  In a distributed
   mobility anchoring environment, multiple anchors are available for
   mid-session switching of an IP prefix anchor.  To start a new flow or
   to handle a flow not requiring IP session continuity as a mobile node
   moves to a new network, the flow can be started or re-started using
   an IP address configured from the new IP prefix anchored to the new
   network.  If the flow needs to survive the change of network, there
   are solutions that can be used to enable IP address mobility.  This
   document describes different anchoring approaches, depending on the
   IP mobility needs, and how this IP address mobility is handled by the
   network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/