Subject: [DNA] RRD & Prob. Fast RA

From: Sathya Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:02:43 -0500

Hello Everybody -

I would like to bring to the attention of the WG that there are some IPR 
claims attached to the RRD and Prob. Fast RA internet-drafts. The prob. 
fastra claim covers the corresponding section in the design team 
document. With respect to the RRD, priority/hybrid landmark schemes may 
be covered.

I have been working hard to have a clean licensing terms notice sent to 
IETF. It will be very useful for me in doing this if I can get a sense 
of the WG interest in these ideas. I, obviously, feel a combination of 
priority landmark with prob. fastra makes for a good DNA solution. I am 
sure others may have different choices. Looking forward to a spirited 
debate ;-). But, a measure of the general interest level in these ideas 
from the WG will help me in getting an IPR statement acceptable to the 
WG done soon so that we can move on with the technical discussion.

Please comment.

thanks & regards,
Sathya