Subject: [DNA] draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt

From: Takeshi Ogawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:39:45 +0900

Hi, all,

I posted a new draft to dhc WG, "DHCPv6 Options for Fast 
Handovers", draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt".

It can be found at:
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt

With great effort of many researchers, the protocol design 
of FMIP is to be completed. However, I think there are 4 
issues to apply current FMIP to real networks. 
In the draft, the issues are discussed briefly, and new DHCP 
options (Fast Handover Options) and their protocol is 
proposed as an alternative to current FMIP.

The main functions of this protocol are ported from FMIP and 
some new functions are added. With the protocol, fast 
handover function including fast "Detecting Network 
Attachment" function is deployed in DHCP servers and MNs but 
not in every router, so plain access routers (if they have 
the DHCP relay function) can be used. For example, Cisco's 
current routers, which support the DHCPv6 relay function, 
can be used.

We are currently implementing the protocol in Linux. I plan 
to check the basic protocol functions on real equipment by 
the end of March.

I would very appreciate it if you would give me some comment 
for the draft.

Thanks in advance.

- Takeshi.