Subject: [DNA] Confirmation of consensus + Action Points

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:16:59 +0000 (GMT)

Action Points.
--------------

Please indicate if you do not consider these to be the consensus
of the WG, as sensed at IETF62

Here they are:
--------------

Decision to pursue two documents as complete solutions.
Within March-April, one with IPR if deemed useful, and one
without (as far as we know).

Greg Daley to provide implementation code +
performance data before Paris.
(based on existing dt draft, with updates to new docs as possible).

Erik to update Framework as WG item with information on how
to intergrate With MLD/DAD

Brett/Sathya to record design considerations.
Not sure where it goes (framework or separate)

Recorded current liaison situation with 802.21, in hands of IAB.
Chairs working on statements of concrete reqs from DNA (to be sumitted
as individual opinions to IEEE).
Possible that this will be followed by a more formal relationship
with 802.21.

Thanks to everyone for a good job over this
week's sessions.

Let's get back to work...

:)

Greg

---

From: JinHyeock Choi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:11:45 +0900

Dear Greg

> of the WG, as sensed at IETF62

I'd like to make one clarification. I think the following
gives the wrong impression of WG pursuing 2 drafts. 

> without (as far as we know).

It's my understanding that we'll consider the scheme with IPR
ONLY when it has clear technical superiority over other schemes.
If not, there will be only one document . 

The decision would be better phrased 

When the one with clear technical superiority has IPR issue, 
we'll provide another scheme without IPR (as far as we know). 
 
Best Regards

JinHyeock