Subject: RE: [DNA] New I-D: draft-vogt-dna-relocation-00.txt

From: "Tero Kauppinen (JO/LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:22:26 +0200

Hi Brett,

> No.  I was wondering if it's possible for an on-link node to obtain
the
> CoA and try to start a communication with the MN.  I guess this
doesn't
> make sense.  

No, I don't think so. CNs should use MN's home address to initiate the
communication (unless it has a binding cache entry).

Tero

Thinking further, the MN would only be using the address in
> this pre-oDAD state to get a RA.  It would have to send the MLD and NS
> packets before it started using the address any further.
> 
> Maybe this does have implications for MIPv6, etc.  The MN can't really
> send a binding update until after the NS which has to wait for the MLD
> report.
> 
> Any thoughts?
> Brett.