Subject: RE: Flash renumbering (was:Re: [DNA] DNA proposal issue 19 - was[Issue X] LinkID v.s. LandmarkPrefix)

From: "Tero Kauppinen (JO/LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:33:35 +0200

Resending...

For some reason I didn't see this on the list.

> But the problem certainly isn't specific to any particular proposal, 
> since they all rely on prefixes for link identification. And I suspect

> that we have the same choices in terms of solutions independent of 
> which proposal we apply this to.
> 
>     Erik

Erik is absolutely right. I now remember faintly discussing this matter
with Jari and Pekka a long time ago. I think we were wondering and
playing with the idea that maybe the DNA process should consider using
hints from different entities (e.g. TCP timeout, MobileIPv6) in addition
to the link layer. The problem, I guess, in such an approach would be
how to prevent the solution from not being too vague or abstract.

Tero

--
Tero