Subject: [DNA] RFC 4957 on Link-Layer Event Notifications for Detecting Network Attachments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:36:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4957

        Title:      Link-Layer Event Notifications for Detecting 
                    Network Attachments 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, Ed.,
                    N. Montavont, E. Njedjou,
                    S. Veerepalli, A. Yegin, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41840
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dna-link-information-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4957.txt

Certain network access technologies are capable of providing various
types of link-layer status information to IP.  Link-layer event
notifications can help IP expeditiously detect configuration changes.
This document provides a non-exhaustive catalogue of information
available from well-known access technologies.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Detecting Network Attachment
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...