Subject: Re: [dna] #8: Describe identification model of simple dna

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 00:25:16 -0000

#8: Describe identification model of simple dna
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  Suresh Krishnan
     Type:  defect                        |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major                         |    Milestone:                 
Component:  simple                        |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                                |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 A new section on the link identification model has been added.

 2.3.  Link Identification model

    Earlier methods of detecting network attachment, e.g. the procedure
    defined in [I-D.ietf-dna-protocol], relied on detecting whether the
    host was still connected to the same link.  If the host was attached
    to the same link, all information related to the link such as the
    routers, prefixes and configuration parameters was considered to be
    valid.  The Simple DNA protocol follows an alternate approach where
    it relies on probing each previously known router to determine
    whether to use information learnt from THAT router.  This allows
    simple DNA to probe routers learnt from multiple earlier attachments
    to optimize movement between a known set of links.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/8#comment:1>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>

_______________________________________________
dna mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dna

---

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 00:25:16 -0000

* status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment: