Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-xli-behave-xlate-partial-state-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:40:02 -0500

Count:       10 

Network Working Group                                              X. Li
Internet-Draft                                                    C. Bao
Intended status: Informational         CERNET Center/Tsinghua University
Expires: September 2, 2010                                 March 1, 2010

  Stateless/Partial-state 1:N Network Address and Protocol Translation
                      between IPv4 and IPv6 nodes
                draft-xli-behave-xlate-partial-state-00

 Abstract

   This document presents concepts and implementations of stateless/
   partial-state 1:N network address and protocol translation between
   IPv4 and IPv6 nodes.

   Stateless 1:N translation keeps the features of stateless, end-to-end
   address transparency and bidirectional-initiated communications of
   the original stateless translation (1:1 IVI), in addition it can
   utilize the IPv4 addresses more effectively.  However, it requires
   the modification of the IPv6 end systems or deploying home gateways.
   By introducing "partial state" in the translator, this requirement is
   not necessary.