Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-lawrence-dispatch-sipforum-provider-alias-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:40:02 -0400

Count:       21 

DISPATCH                                                S. Lawrence, Ed.
Internet-Draft                                               Avaya, Inc.
Intended status: Informational                                 J. Elwell
Expires: September 23, 2010            Siemens Enterprise Communications
                                                          March 22, 2010

Provider Alias Numbers for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent
                             Configuration
           draft-lawrence-dispatch-sipforum-provider-alias-00

 Abstract

   This document defines procedures for how a SIP User Agent can
   translate an identifier provided by a user into the SIP DNS domain
   name of a service provider.  The form of the user supplied identifier
   is constrained to values that can be entered using only a standard 12
   key telephone keypad.

   This document is derived from work begun in the SIP Forum Technical
   Working Group User Agent Configuration Task Group.