Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-wang-dns-newzone-notify-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       24 DNS Operations Working Group                                 Cindy WANG                        
Internet Draft                                                 Jian JIN
Intended status: Standard Track                                Feng HAN
                                                           Xiaodong LEE
                                                                  CNNIC
Expires: September 19, 2010                                Mar 20, 2010

  A mechanism for synchronization across name servers on zone creation
                  draft-wang-dns-newzone-notify-00.txt

 Abstract

   This memo describes the NEWZONE_NOTIFY opcode for DNS, by which a
   primary master server advises a set of slave servers that there are
   zones that has been created and that queries should be initiated to
   discover the new zone data.

   This draft also specifies a mechanism for the slave servers to
   achieve authenticated synchronization of zone data as well as zone
   synchronization information with the primary when zones are created
   on the primary.