Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-guo-softwire-6rd-ipv6-config-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:40:01 -0500

Count:       19  Network working group                                            D. Guo  
 Internet Draft                                                    X. Xu 
 Category: Standard Track                            Huawei Technologies         
 Expires: September 2010                                   March 1, 2010          
                                       
                 IPv6 Host Configuration in 6rd Deployment  
                                       
                   draft-guo-softwire-6rd-ipv6-config-00 

  Abstract 

    This document proposes two new DHCPv4 options which allow IPv6 hosts 
    to obtain configuration information (e.g., DNS servers). The DHCPv6 
    Server Option in DHCPv4 provides the IPv6 address of DHCPv6 server 
    to the 6rd CPE. In result the 6rd CPE can relay DHCPv6 requests to 
    DHCPv6 servers. As an alternative, the IPv6 DNS Server Option is used 
    in the scenario where hosts only need the information of IPv6 DNS 
    servers.    

 Conventions used in this document 

    The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
    "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
    document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].