Subject: [dns-privacy] Barry Leiba's Yes on draft-ietf-dprive-problem-statement-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 08:19:07 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dprive-problem-statement-05: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-problem-statement/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Only positive comments here, because they're important too:

As the document shepherd says: "While problem statement documents are
often viewed as a waste of time, this particular one has been very
useful, to help get everyone on the same page."  Indeed, and thanks for
doing this.

This document probably has the highest reference count per document page
that I've seen.  That said, I find the reference list to be well chosen
and helpful, and the separation of the few normative references to be
just right.  Thanks for that, as well.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:04:54 -0400

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-problem-statement/

Thank you, it's always nice to get positive feedback.

> just right.  Thanks for that, as well.

This has been one of the nicest documents to walk through the process.
The WG has been good about providing *constructive* comments, and
Stephane has done a very good (and diligent!) job integrating and
addressing them.

Thanks to everyone involved,
W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf