Subject: [dns-privacy] Cisco acquires OpenDNS

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:03:47 +0200

May have privacy consequences (a big public DNS resolver get bought)

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsecur/cisco-acquires-opendns-for-635-million.html

PS : see the difference between a public resolver and an open resolver
in draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology-03

---

From: Antonio Prado <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:28:15 +0200

> May have privacy consequences (a big public DNS resolver get bought)

among opendns faqs:

What about free users? What happens to our service?
The free service will continue to operate. It’s part of who we are, and
Cisco loves who we are. We wouldn’t have entered into this agreement if
we believed our free service would be in jeopardy. On contrary, Cisco’s
commitment back to you is to maintain OpenDNS’s DNS services exactly as
it is today. In their words: “This level of service for all users is a
priority.”

so: maintain services exactly as it is today.
is there today any privacy issue with opendns service?

--
antonio