Subject: [dns-privacy] RFC 7830 on The EDNS(0) Padding Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:52:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7830

        Title:      The EDNS(0) Padding Option 
        Author:     A. Mayrhofer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9520
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dprive-edns0-padding-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7830

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7830

This document specifies the EDNS(0) "Padding" option, which allows
DNS clients and servers to pad request and response messages by a
variable number of octets.

This document is a product of the DNS PRIVate Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC