Subject: [dns-privacy] Call for abstracts for DINR 2016---DNS and Internet Naming Research

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 13:40:55 -0400

Forwarded on behalf of John Heidemann - he asked the chairs if this
posting would be appropriate for the list, I figured it was fine.
Also, they already know that, unfortunately, it conflicts with the
IETF in Seoul.
--------------------------------------------------------------
DNS and Internet Naming Research Directions (DINR-2016) is a workshop to
discuss the research landscape around DNS and Internet naming---what are
the important problems, preliminary work, and tools that can help both.

DINR-2016 is being held at ISI in Marina del Rey, CA on Nov 17 (just
after the ACM Internet Measurement Conference).  We're planning for a
very interactive day of discussion and short talks, and we are
soliciting short (1 page text + 1 page references) abstracts for people
who are interested presenting.  Abstracts are due soon (Oct 3), but it's
only 1 page.

Workshop co-chairs are John Heidemann (USC/ISI), David Dagon (Georgia
Tech), and Mark Allman (ICSI).

Workshop website: https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2016/
Abstract submission website: https://ant.isi.edu/dinr2016sub/

Abstracts due: Oct. 3, 2016
Workshop: Nov. 17, 2016
Location: Marina del Rey, CA, USA

(ACM IMC and this workshop is unfortunately the same week as IETF.)

   -John Heidemann (on behalf of the DINR-2016 chairs)

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 11:28:23 -0700

> Also, they already know that, unfortunately, it conflicts with the

Because it conflicts with the Seoul IETF, which I'll also be at, I've
decided to hold a less formal bar BOF on the subject.  If you're
interested in the topic of internet naming, where research is needed and
would like to participate in a conversation about it, please let me know.

-- 
Wes Hardaker                                     
USC/ISI