Subject: [dns-privacy] ENDS0 Padding Profile: Rough first draft

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 22:40:17 +0100

Hi,

I've posted a first rough cut of a "Padding Profile" draft, describing
strategies regarding EDNS0 padding size (which we specifically did *not*
address in RFC 7830):

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mayrhofer-dprive-padding-profile-00

It's more like a "strawman proposal" rather than a polished document in the
current version, but i'm more than happy to talk about it in Seoul if we
have time. See the full I-D announcement below.

best,
Alex

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Padding Profiles for EDNS(0)
        Author          : Alexander Mayrhofer
	Filename        : draft-mayrhofer-dprive-padding-profile-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   RFC 7830 specifies the EDNS0 'Padding' option, but does not specify
   the amount of padding to be used in specific applications.  This memo
   lists the possible options ("Padding Profiles"), discusses the
   implications of each of these options, and provides implementation
   guidance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft
is:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mayrhofer-dprive-padding-profile/