Subject: [dns-privacy] draft-hoffman-dns-over-https

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 20:36:49 -0700

This has a similar filename and title as previous drafts, but we started 
a -00 because the content is different. The discussion should probably 
happen on the https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsoverhttp mailing 
list for now, but it is our intention to bring this to the DISPATCH WG 
because the draft is more about "foo over HTTP" (which is the purview of 
DISPATCH) than "DNS in private", even though the latter is assured by 
the protocol.

--Paul Hoffman

Name:           draft-hoffman-dns-over-https
Revision:       00
Title:          DNS Queries over HTTPS
Document date:  2017-05-03
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-dns-over-https-00.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dns-over-https/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-dns-over-https-00
Htmlized:       
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hoffman-dns-over-https-00

Abstract:
    DNS queries sometimes experience problems with end to end
    connectivity at times and places where HTTPS flows freely.

    HTTPS provides the most practical mechanism for reliable end to end
    communication.  Its use of TLS provides integrity and 
confidentiality
    guarantees and its use of HTTP allows it to interoperate with
    proxies, firewalls, and authentication systems where required for
    transit.

    This document describes how to run DNS service over HTTP using
    https:// URIs.

    [ This paragraph is to be removed when this document is published as
    an RFC ] Comments on this draft can be sent to the DNS over HTTP
    mailing list at https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsoverhttp .