Subject: [dns-privacy] Alexey Melnikov's Discuss on draft-ietf-dprive-dtls-and-tls-profiles-09: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 15:35:42 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dprive-dtls-and-tls-profiles-09: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dtls-and-tls-profiles/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to ballot YES on this document, but I would like to discuss
the following:

Sorry for being DownRef police, but RFC 7918 is clearly Normative
(because there is a SHOULD level requirement), but it is listed as
Informative reference. It would be a DownRef once it is made Normative,
unless the procedure in RFC 8067 is used. Is RFC 7918 a suitable DownRef?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am agreeing with Ekr comments.