Subject: [dnsext] BCP 42, RFC 5395 on Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:17:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 42        
        RFC 5395

        Title:      Domain Name System (DNS) IANA 
                    Considerations 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       November 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 33725
        Obsoletes:  RFC2929
        Updates:    RFC1183, RFC3597
        See Also:   BCP0042

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-2929bis-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5395.txt

Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) parameter assignment
considerations are specified for the allocation of Domain Name System
(DNS) resource record types, CLASSes, operation codes, error codes,
DNS protocol message header bits, and AFSDB resource record subtypes.  
This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>