Subject: [dnsext] Planning for meetings

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:37:12 -0500

Dear colleagues,

The response we received to our question about planning for meetings
seemed to lean mostly in the direction of scheduling a virtual
interim; several people also suggested that it will almost certainly
require a follow-up meeting in Anaheim.

Some of you may have noticed that Olafur already requested the Anaheim
session.  He is also attempting to set up a virtual meeting.  We're
aiming for the 16th or 17th of February, and have taken into account
the various suggestions about possible times other than 15:00 UTC.
For what it's worth, my experience with virtual meetings in BEHAVE
suggests to me that one hour is about the limit for how long they are
really effective.  We do not have any confirmation of dates or times
yet (nor even that the IESG will allow us to have the virtual
meeting), so this is just a warning of what we're attempting and not
an announcement of any meeting.

While we sort that out, we strongly encourage those who have proposals
in this area, however sketchy, to put together an Internet Draft,
submit it, and draw the WG's attention to it.

Thanks and best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.