Subject: [dnsext] [[email-masked]: FW: Nomcom 2010-11: Final Call for Volunteers]

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:27:14 -0400

Dear colleagues,

Just a reminder that the NomCom is still looking for volunteers.

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

Subject: FW: Nomcom 2010-11: Final Call for Volunteers
From: Thomas Walsh <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:21:55 -0400
List-Id: IETF-Discussion <ietf.ietf.org>

Please read the forwarded message below.  

It describes the Final Call for Volunteers for the 2010-11 Nomcom. We could still use another 10-20 volunteers.

The IETF nominating committee appoints folks to fill the open slots on the IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. The 10 nominating committee members are selected randomly from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance we have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF population.  The details of the operation of the nomcom can be found in RFC 3777.  

This is your last opportunity for this year to put your name forward and volunteer to help the IETF in choosing its leadership.

Regards,

Tom Walsh
Chair, Nomcom 2010-2011

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of NomCom Chair
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 12:09 PM
To: IETF Announcement list
Subject: Nomcom 2010-11: Final Call for Volunteers 

Hi Folks,

THIS IS IT!  This is the final call for volunteers for the 2010-11
Nomcom.  You may volunteer until 17:00 PDT (24:00 UTC) this Thursday, July
8, 2010.

To date, we have 80 volunteers for this year's NomCom.  The current list
(i.e., the Third Listing) of the 80 volunteers may be found at: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2375/ 

If you have volunteered and your name does not appear on the above list
or have not heard from me otherwise, please contact me at
[email-masked] ASAP.

However, we could still use more volunteers. The more volunteers, the
better chance we have of choosing a random yet representative cross
section of the IETF population.  I would like to see a pool of at least
90-100, so another 10-20 more volunteers by Thursday would be great!  

As a reminder, volunteers must have attended 3 of the past 5 IETF
meetings - per RFC 3777, which means any 3 of the following meetings:
IETF-73, IETF-74, IETF-75, IETF-76 and IETF-77.  If you qualify, and are
willing to forgo appointment to any of the positions for which the
nominating committee is responsible, please volunteer.  

The primary activity for this NomCom will begin just prior to IETF-78 in
Maastricht and should be completed in early January 2011.  The NomCom will
be collecting requirements from the community, as well as talking to
candidates and to community members about candidates. There will be weekly
conference calls to ensure progress. Thus, being a NomCom member does
require some time commitment.  While, there is no requirement in RFC 3777
that a participant attend IETF meetings while serving on NomCom, folks
should consider that during the IETF meetings, folks that do not attend
would be expected to remotely participate during the day in the time zones
of the meeting locations - Maastricht the end of July and Beijing in
November. 
 
The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2011 IETF
meeting, and thus the positions for which the nominating committee is
responsible, are summarized in the initial announcement:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2330/

Please volunteer by sending an email before 17:00 PDT (24:00 UTC) July 8,
2010 as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2010-11 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the body:
 
<Your Full Name>  // As you enter in the IETF Registration Form,
                  // First/Given name followed by Last/Family Name

<Current Primary Affiliation>
                  // typically what goes in the Company field
                  // in the IETF Registration Form

[<all email addresses used to Register for the past 5 IETF meetings>]

<Preferred email address>  //

<Telephone number>         // For confirmation if selected

Please expect an email response from me within 3 days stating whether
or not you are qualified.  If you don't receive a response, please re-send
your email with the tag "Duplicate:" added to the subject line.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you by July 8,

Thomas Walsh
Chair, Nomcom 2010-11
Email: [email-masked] 
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf