Subject: [dnsext] Fwd: NomCom 2010-2011: Call for Nominations extended to October 8

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:45:14 -0400

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NomCom 2010-2011: Call for Nominations extended to October 8
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:41:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>

Hi Folks,

We have decided to extend the call for nominations for one more week
to allow further consideration by the community if there are sufficient
Willing Nominees, particularly for the Open IESG positions.  Nominations
are welcome through October 8 at 1700 Pacific Time.

Please take a moment and review the Open List of Willing Nominees for
each position and determine if you wish to submit any additional names
before we close nominations. In particular, we ask you to review the
IESG nominations where in some cases there are as few as 1 or 2
willing nominees.

Q:  Where is the list of open IETF position and job descriptions?

A:  The list of IETF open positions is found at
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/10/

Q:  Where is the list of willing nominees?

A: The list of willing nominees for the IETF open positions is
available at https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/10/input/

Q:  How do I get a login to see the list of willing nominees?

A:  If you need a username/password it is very easy to obtain at
http://tools.ietf.org/

Just select "Get Passwd" from the left margin and it will take
you to the new login page.  Your User Name is your email address
and you can request a password at this page
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin

Q:  How do I enter a nomination?

A: There are several ways:

We prefer you enter a nomination by going to the following URL
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/10/nominate.

Note:  Be sure to select the correct position (e.g., APP, SEC, IAB,
etc.) from the pull down menu when you nominate someone.

Or send email to [email-masked] giving us the IETF posiiton,
full name and email address of the nominee.

Q:  Do we really need more nominations?

Well, that is up to you in the community.  Look at the list of
willing Nominees and make your own decision on whether to submit
a nomination.

Even if you think a willing incumbent is doing a very good
job and should be returned, NomCom needs to consider multiple
nominees to be prepared in the event one or more candidates
is unable to serve come next March and to ensure we have
chosen the best candidate.

Q:  Is this the last call for nominations?

A:  This will be the last and final call for all open positions.
Should NomCom not be able to select a qualified candidate for a
specific open position, a future call for that position only is
always possible.

Thank you,

Thomas Walsh
Chair, Nomcom 2010-2011
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce