Subject: draft-ietf-dnsind-binary-labels-03.txt

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 12:49:56 -0700 (PDT)

wg last call has passed with no comments to the list.  please advance
draft-ietf-dnsind-binary-labels-03.txt.

thanks.

randy

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 14:14:43 -0400

> draft-ietf-dnsind-binary-labels-03.txt.

This one depends on the EDNS documents (presumably EDNS1, where
longest match is defined, but as has been pointed out, the older
combined draft is referenced).  It seems as if this one should wait
until EDNS1 is ready as well. (Technically, if the EDNS1 reference is
normative, the document can't be published as an RFC per RFC 2026
until ENDS1 is also an RFC. Practically speaking, the former without
the latter doesn't appear to make much sense.)

How close is the WG to being ready to advance EDNS1?
                      
Thomas