Subject: Oslo dnsind/dnssec (or dnsext) draft agenda

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 19:24:08 +1000

dnsind has a two hour slot on Monday July 12 (late afternoon).

As I see it at the minute, the work that needs to be done is ..

edns0 - if we don't have that resolved before Oslo (and ideally we ought)
some last touches may be required.

rfc2052bis - we still haven't worked out exactly what we're going to
do with this draft, given the iesg response.

local-compression & tsig - supposedly just waiting on new drafts to
be submitted before they go to last call.   Those new drafts have been
pending for a long time.   If they haven't appeared before Oslo, there
will be no discussion on these (and even if they have, little discussion
should be required).

And the following work in progress (in no particular order).

	draft-ietf-dnsind-edns1
	draft-ietf-dnsind-dddd
	draft-ietf-dnsind-apl-rr
	draft-ietf-dnsind-simple-secure-update
	draft-ietf-dnsind-tkey
	draft-ietf-dnsind-verify
	draft-ietf-dnsind-rollover
	draft-ietf-dnsind-keyreferral
	draft-ietf-dnsind-indirect-key

If I have omitted drafts for which there could be a useful discussion,
please let me know.   Similarly if there are any new work items to be
considered.

Then, for all of this, if anyone believes that any working group meeting
time can usefully be spent on these drafts, please let me know - no
time will be assigned to a draft for which there is no interest in discussing.

A more detailed agenda will appear in a week or so, once I get some idea
which topics need to be raised at the meeting, and can assign them
approximate time periods.   Note - do not expect tutorials or background
briefings on any of these drafts.   For that, the draft is available to
be read now.    Working group discussions will be restricted to the
questions of whether the WG ought be working on the draft at all, and
assuming the answer to that is yes, to specific detail of what is in
the drafts.   Read the things in advance.

kre

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:14:49 -0400

I hope to have revised versions of the local-names and update2 drafts out
and a revived version of the kitchen sink RR draft.

Donald

From:  Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
To:  [email-masked]
Date:  Sat, 19 Jun 1999 19:24:08 +1000
Message-Id:  <[email-masked]>

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:58:35 +0200

> 	draft-ietf-dnsind-apl-rr

I've just submitted -02 of the APL RR draft. The suggestions from the
Minneapolis meeting have been incorporated:

o the "off by one" between textual and on-the-wire representation has
  gone

o PREFIX now has 8 bits of space, AFDLENGTH has 7 bits, MBZ has gone

o AFDPART encoding is optimized in that trailing zeroes in the address
  (as in 0.0.0.0/0) MUST be ignored. Making this optional would open the
  door for signature verification problems.

o I've dropped "IP" from the title, so now it's "A DNS RR Type for Lists of
  Address Prefixes (APL RR)".

o The IANA considerations section was ack'ed by IANA.

As discussed in Minneapolis, the draft may now be ready for WG last call.

-Peter