Subject: Agenda for DNSIND WG meeting at 45th IETF, Oslo

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 01:39:30 +1000

This is the agenda for the dnsind (and dnssec) meeting in Oslo, July 1999.

1. Administrativia, agenda bashing, etc				(3 minutes)

2. Progress towards a new charter.				(5 minutes)

3. Review of current PS RFCs and progress on advancing them. 	(5 minutes)

	rfc1982 rfc1995 rfc1996 rfc2136 rfc2137 rfc2181
	rfc2308 rfc2535 rfc2536 rfc2537 rfc2538 rfc2539

4. Updating status on all known dns* drafts			(15 minutes)

	The idea here is that we go through everything which seems to
	be on the dns* plate, and determine just what we're really
	working on, what the priority for eevrything is, when we expect to
	complete each doc, and what status we currently expect they will have.

5. Attempting to resolve rfc2052bis.				(15 minutes)

	<draft-ietf-dnsind-rfc2052bis-02.txt>

	The IESG rejected rfc2052bis, and requested several changes.
	So far, we haven't been able to agree on exactly what to do.
	One option is to defer this indefinitely, or even drop it
	(simply leave 2052 as the experimental protocol as it is).
	Otherwise we need to find some way to satisfy the IESG demands
	if we ever expect tos ee this one become a RFC, or perhaps
	publich the updated version as experimental.

6. EDNS1			(5 minutes)

	<draft-ietf-dnsind-edns1-03.txt>

	This draft is currently an ongoing work item.	Please be
	prepared to (briefly) suggest improvements, and/or where it
	should go next.

Securing the DNS ...

7. TKey				(5 minutes)		Don Eastlake

	<draft-ietf-dnssec-tkey-01.txt>

	Now tsig is (apparently) done, it makes sense to get tkey
	out there following it asap, if it is ever going to.

8. Simple Secure Update		(10 minutes)		Edward Lewis
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-simple-secure-update-01.txt>

	This shows how to secure dns dynamic update using tsig.
	How close are we to being finished with this draft?

9. DNSSEC update (update2)	(10 minutes)		Don Eastlake
	<draft-ietf-dnssec-update2-00.txt>   (or later draft if it appears)

	The alternative (original) way of securing DNS updates.
	This is an intended replacement for rfc2137. 

10. Security Key Rollover	(5 minutes)		Don Eastlake
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-rollover-00.txt>

	Dealing with key time rollover (since the time is imbedded
	in a fixed width field, it has to rollover sometime - this
	draft specifies how that works).

New Resource Records...

11. SECure-RR			(5 minutes)		Edward Lewis
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-sec-rr-00.txt>

	This general topic has changed names several times (the dnsind
	appellation is new, hence the -00).

12. Kitchen Sink RR		(5 minutes)		Don Eastlake
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-kitchen-sink-00.txt>

	This has also changed names, it has been floating for ages.

13. Address Prefix List RR	(5 minutes)		Peter Koch
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-apl-rr-02.txt>

Extended functionality...

14. Deferred Dynamic Delete	(5 minutes)		Edward Lewis
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-dddd-01.txt>

15. Verifying Resource Records	(10 minutes)
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-verify-00.txt>

&   Local Name Compression				Peter Koch
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-local-compression-05.txt>

16. Local Names			(5 minutes)		Don Eastlake
	<draft-ietf-dnsind-local-names-07.txt>

17. Other business, new work suggestions.  Etc.    (5 minutes)

Reading list:

Note that a few of the drafts listed below are not yet available in
the I-D directories (these URLs will not yet work).   They should be
available by the time the backlog of last minute drafts has drained.

For access via HTTP:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-apl-rr-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-dddd-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-edns1-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-kitchen-sink-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-local-compression-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-local-names-07.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-rfc2052bis-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-rollover-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-sec-rr-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-simple-secure-update-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-verify-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnssec-tkey-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnssec-update2-00.txt

(or) for access via FTP:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-apl-rr-02.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-dddd-01.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-edns1-03.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-kitchen-sink-00.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-local-compression-05.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-local-names-07.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-rfc2052bis-02.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-rollover-00.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-sec-rr-00.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-simple-secure-update-01.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-verify-00.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnssec-tkey-01.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnssec-update2-00.txt