Subject: edns0 is done ?

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:09:12 +1000

Now that the latest edns0 has been posted, with the clarification to the way
that the version field is used, I propose sending this draft back to the IESG
for their consideration.

I am not proposing either a WG last call, or a new IETF last call, as I
see no changes of substance in the draft, other than the change to the
way version is handled (and that is more probably regarded as a clarification
than a change).

But because there are a couple of other minor changes in the draft - it
now explicitly says that only one OPT RR is permitted in a query, and also
gives some advice about chosing values for the payload size, and when that
might be done, I will wait for a couple of days before doing that.

However, it does need to be sent in quickly (very quickly) so the IESG
can (with some luck) consider it at their (phone) meeting, of which I
expect there will be only one before Oslo (that is this week I believe).

So, if anyone has any comments about this draft, which would be such
as to prevent it being published as an RFC, please speak *now*.

If you have any editorial comments, send those to the list, or to the
doc author, Paul Vixie - minor editorial cleanups can still be made
after the doc is approved by the IESG, if anything of that nature
is found.

kre

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:45:59 -0500

> as to prevent it being published as an RFC, please speak *now*.

It looks ready to me.