Subject: SP: draft-lambert-dns-pns-00.txt

From: Terry Lambert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:03:47 -0700

A self-published Internet-Draft is available for anonymous
FTP.  This draft lacks a currently appropriate IETF working
group, but is DNS related, and therefore applicable to the
charter of this mailing list.

	Title		: Proxy Subdomain Delegation
	Author(s)	: T. Lambert
	Filename	: draft-lambert-dns-pns-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 27-Jul-1999

Abstract

    There exist situations where it is useful to establish seperate
    internal and external name servers across some boundary such that
    there exist in the world two servers which believe themselves to be
    primary for that domain.  Likewise, there exist situations in which
    it is useful to represent a foreign domain as a subdomain of a local
    domain, for creation of virtual spaces, security, and other uses.

    This document introduces the concept of subdomain delegation by
    proxy, such that the records of one primary can be accessed by
    clients of the other primary as if they were in a subdomain that
    was delegated to another server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/terry/drafts/draft-lambert-dns-pns-00.txt

Please feel free to discuss this draft in this forum and/or
send questions or comments to the author.

-- Terry Lambert
-- Whistle Communications, Inc.
-- [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is formal notice under California Assembly Bill 1629, enacted
9/26/98 that any UCE sent to my email address will be billed $50
per incident to the legally allowed maximum of $25,000.