Subject: SP: draft-lambert-dns-split-00.txt

From: Terry Lambert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:03:32 -0700

A self-published Internet-Draft is available for anonymous
FTP.  This draft lacks a currently appropriate IETF working
group, but is DNS related, and therefore applicable to the
charter of this mailing list.

	Title		: Split-Horizon DNS for Dial-Up Proxies
	Author(s)	: T. Lambert
	Filename	: draft-lambert-dns-split-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 27-Jul-1999

Abstract

    With the increasing number of dial-up proxy servers seeking to
    bridge the WAN/LAN border to provide virtual full time connections
    to LAN connected client machines, it is becoming necessary to
    standardize dial-up proxy server DNS configurations, both to enable
    client machines to make minimal assumptions about the quality of
    service, and to provide for link optimization for dial-on-demand
    configurations.

    This document seeks to document best current practice as regards
    the configuration of split-horizon DNS for dial-up proxy servers,
    which complement [DNSIS].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/terry/drafts/draft-lambert-dns-split-00.txt

Please feel free to discuss this draft in this forum and/or
send questions or comments to the author.

-- Terry Lambert
-- Whistle Communications, Inc.
-- [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is formal notice under California Assembly Bill 1629, enacted
9/26/98 that any UCE sent to my email address will be billed $50
per incident to the legally allowed maximum of $25,000.