Subject: Implementations of DNS SRV RR records

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 99 10:19:34 EDT

At the DNS IXFR, ... Working Group meeting a request was made for
working examples of SRV RR records.  As one of the co-authors of 

  draft-ietf-cat-krb-dns-locate-00.txt

I would asked that the submitted I-D be read and used as an 
example.  This I-D has been implemented in several Kerberos
implementations over the last several months.

It should be noted that Microsoft is using SRV RRs to find their KDCs
and LDAP servers in Windows 2000.  

    Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer * Kermit-95 for Win32 and OS/2
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
              612 West 115th St #716 * New York, NY * 10025
  http://www.kermit-project.org/k95.html * [email-masked]

---

From: Stuart Kwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:02:04 -0700

FYI, the corresponding draft for finding LDAP servers is located at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-armijo-ldap-locate-00.txt.

Cheers,
- Stuart

From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 1999 7:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Implementations of DNS SRV RR records