Subject: Re: [iDNS] Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-jseng-utf5-00.txt

From: "Martin J. Duerst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 18:01:59 +0900

At 23:19 99/07/31 -0700, James Seng wrote:
> Terry Lambert wrote: 
> > It seems obvious that, if UTF-5 existed as a standard
> > independent of ".i" entanglement, it would actually have
> > been easier to sell the ".i" idea.  Now it is doubly hard.
> 
> for countless of time, i been trying to say this. UTF-5 has
> nothing to do with ".i". UTF-5 is complete in its draft and
> no where in the UTF-5 draft mention ".i".

Just for everybody who might be interested: The idea of using
something like .i (or .i18n.int, or whatever) came from
.in-addr.arpa, which all DNS experts will recognize immediately.
(it starts more or less a hierarchy of its own, and is used to
do inverse lookup, i.e. to convert internet addresses to domain
names).

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:[email-masked]   http://www.w3.org