Subject: PowerDNS PDNS 1.99.6 first public release

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:09:25 +0100

Of mild interest to readers of this list may be the first public release of
what is to become PDNS 2.0

PDNS is an advanced high performance authoritative nameserver with a host of
backends. Besides plain Bind configuration files, PDNS reads information
from MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and many other databases. Backends can easily  
be written in any language, a sample perl backend is provided. PDNS powers
http://express.powerdns.com, a Web-based DNS maintenance site and the
toplevel domain .TK.

The not-for-profit release can be found on http://www.powerdns.com/pns ,  
documentation is on http://downloads.powerdns.com/documentation/html/ or
included in the distribution.

This is not yet a mature release, so your comments are appreciated. We will
not spam this list further and instead invite you to join our
'pdns-users' mailinglist:
http://mailman.powerdns.com/mailman/listinfo/pdns-users

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

bert hubert

-- 
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
http://www.tk                              the dot in .tk
http://lartc.org           Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO