Subject: [dnsop] Note to I-D authors/editors: cutoff dates; new I-D guidelines

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:08:25 -0700

Here are the cut-off dates for the upcoming 60th IETF meeting:

  Mon Jul 12, 0900 EDT: cutoff for initial (-00) I-D submissions
  Mon Jul 19, 0900 EDT: final cutoff for I-D submission

In addition, please note that the I-D boilerplate was updated
recently.  In this context, the following recent announcement from the
IESG is helpful:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The IESG has emitted new versions of the following guideline documents:

"Guidelines to authors of Internet-Drafts"
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt, which has been
updated to reflect the new IPR policy RFCs (3667 and 3668): Note
that in this process, we discovered a bug in one of the RFCs; the
documentc ontains a temporary fix, but the details of a permanent
fix are still being worked out on the IPR WG list. 

"Checklist for Internet-Drafts submitted for RFC publication"
http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

This has had a more thorough review/revision, and should be
re-read by all participants. Note in particular the new language
about IANA considerations. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you use the xml2rfc toolset from http://xml.resource.org, you
basically have to upgrade to the most recent version of the tool,
and use the right declarations to select the most suitable
variant of boilerplate.

Dave & Rob

[Note derived from the original from Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>]
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html