Subject: [dnsop] Cache Server operation and Performance Optimization

From: "Joe Shen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 18:51:29 +0800

Hi,

I'm new to this list. If the question is out of topic forgive me please.

I noticed there is a lot of work on root server operation and authorized
DNS 
server management, but what about cache server? 
As I know  ISPs usually  use cache server to provide name resolution
service 
to their customers. This means cache server may be the bottleneck of
domain name 
resolution path  or may be the critical point of service failure.

Is there any statistics on Cache server load and performance
measurement?   

And,  is that any document on how root server is configured to support a
peak load around 
10k_req/sec? I means, does the root server use  load balancer before
multiple computers ?
 or  there is  just one computer optimized for DNS service?

thanks 

Joe 

dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html