Subject: Re: [dnsop] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-key-rollover-requirements-02.txt

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:58:31 +0100

[On 20 Jan, @ 09:07, Gilles wrote in "Re: [dnsop] I-D ACTION:draft-i ..."]
> Hello,
> the new version of the draft is now available. We have taken into 
> account remarks, principally these from samuel Weiler and Rip Loomis, 
> and include a document changes section.
> 
> Please consider that any point in this draft are not fixed. Indeed, we 
> (the authors) think that the way to do the key rollover (in-band, out-of 
> band or both) must be discussed to  solve problem that can occur and 

I've read the draft and I'm not seeing such a discussion. In
draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-operational-practices-03.txt Olaf and I
describe (I think it was 4) types of key rollovers. None of these are
discussed in requirements-02. Allthough some of the pros and cons are
discussed in practices-03. Maybe your are looking to extend that?

Also what would be the fundamental difference between in band or out
of band rollovers? I both cases keys are
created/exchanged/transformed, only the transport to the parent (in
case of a KSK rollover) is different.

Regards,
Miek
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html