Subject: [dnsop] fpdns version 0.9.3 now available

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:16:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi list,

September 5th, we (Jakob Schlyter and I) released fpdns version 0.9.3. As
some of you know, we were not able to release version 0.9.2 since it might
trigger bugs in some obscure, newly identified dns implementations.
Implementors have been notified, bugs have been fixed, or we altered the
requests to avoid triggering the bugs.

We've added for version 0.9.2 (not released):

  # RaidenDNSD
  # Runtop Implementation
  # Mikrotik Implementation
  # Axis Video Network Implementation
  # Fasthosts Envisage DNS server
  # WinGate DNS
  # Ascenvision SwiftDNS
  # Nortel Networks Instant Internet
  # Nortel Networks Alteon ACEswitch
  # Aethra ATOS Stargate ADSL
  # 3Com Office Connect Remote
  # 4d WebSTAR
  # Netopia Implementation
  # DNS4me
  # Tzolkin DNS service
  # jdns javadns service

We've added for version 0.9.3 (released)

  # dents

We've made two mayor changes for 0.9.3:

1) We've split the tool into a library (Net::DNS::Fingerprint) and an
application (fpdns), which uses the library.

(note to future library users: I haven't documented the lib-calls yet, so
look at fpdns in order to understand them).

In the just released software, you'll find the application in the apps
directory.

2) We've split the identifying string in three: vendor, product and
version.

Please report all brokeness back to us (not to the dnsop list, this is
just an announcement).

The software is available from:

http://www.rfc.se/fpdns/distfiles/Net-DNS-Fingerprint-0.9.3.tar.gz

There is a mailing list available:

   fpdns mailing list
   [email-masked]
   https://www.rfc.se/mailman/listinfo/fpdns

Roy & Jakob.
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html