Subject: [dnsop] Co-chair change

From: David Kessens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:06:50 -0700

Working Group,

Dave Meyer has indicated to Rob & and the OPS ADs that he would like
to step down as a cochair for dnsop due to increased workload since
he became an IAB member.

The chairs and the ADs have decided to write down a brief profile for
a new cochair for dnsop. We would like you to consider this profile
and either nominate yourself or other people that you think that would
fit well in this role by sending mail to the OPS ADs
(<[email-masked]> and <[email-masked]>).

Note that this profile is written for a somewhat ideal candidate. We
fully realize that such people are probably non-existant, so don't
hesitate to nominate somebody who in your opinion would fit this role
quite well but doesn't fit this profile 100%.

As for the profile:

- Good management and process skills
- DNS experience is important, but there is no need to be an expert as
  we foresee that the cochair will focus a bit more on the management
  & process side, while Rob will work more on the technical issues
- Operator background is very desirable
- Enough available time. For example, preferable not more than one
  other working chair role in IETF
- There is no requirement that the candidate has been an IETF working
  group chair before, but it helps if there is some evidence that the
  candidate can fullfill such a role (eg. other management role in
  other places than IETF etc.)

We would like to receive your comments & nominations by 9/30/2005 and
we plan to make a decision as soon as possible thereafter.

And last but not least, we would like to thank Dave for all the hard
work that he has done for dnsop in the past,

David Kessens & Bert Wijnen
---

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:29:47 -0700

Thanks David/all. If anyone would like my feedback about
	the workload (or other) aspects of the DNSOP WG co-chair
	position, please contact me. I'd be glad to provide my
	insight.

	Dave