Subject: [dnsop] Is there a standard way to configure a sub-domain?

From: "CTO YAN Renxiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:04:48 +0800

Hi, all,

Suppose there is a DNS server A for domain "example.com". 
If I need to configure a sub-domain named " abc.example.com"
in DNS server B, can I use a standard way to configure them
remotely? i.e. adding a NS record in server A and configure the
zone file in server B?  any additional configuration needed?

Thanks.

Regards,
-Renxiang

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html

---

From: Lars-Johan Liman <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Dec 2005 10:19:23 +0100

> zone file in server B?  any additional configuration needed?

No, there is no standardized way ... yet. There should be, and if
you're willing to help develop a proposed standard for that, this
group is the right place, but for the general question "how do I do
it" this is not quite the right place. I will reply to you in a
private message.

				Best regards,
				  /Lars-Johan Liman
.