Subject: [dnsop] ISSUE 10: IANA considerations and RFCs 3330 and 1918

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:34:14 -0400

ISSUE
=====

As an IANA consideration, you may wish to consider the issue of
rfc3330 space (and more specifically rfc1918 space) and provide
specific notes on its applicability or lack thereof. I guess one
question that comes to mind is what the definition of "assigned" is
in this case in 4.1 para 3. Administratively speaking we have
"assigned" this space to ourself as a reservation, but similarly it
is not really allocated for our specific use. We have the blocks
delegated to the AS112 blackhole servers. [ed: thanks to Kim Davies
for this question]

DISCUSSION
==========

This seems partly to depend on the results of discussion around
draft-ietf-dnsop-default-local-zones-00, in my view, but I'm not
sure.  Suggestions welcome.  I do think it's a pertinent question.  

I suspect a section, 3.3, that addresses explicitly private address
space, is needed for this.  If nobody expresses a disagreement with
me about that, I'll add it.

A

-- 
----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html