Subject: [dnsop] IETF67 meeting slot & agenda items

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:02:48 +0200

Dear WG,

for those not reading the IETF announcements list, the draft meeting agenda
<http://www.ietf.org/meetings/67-agenda.txt> shows a Friday morning slot for
dnsop:

	FRIDAY, November 10, 2006

	0900-1130 Morning Session I

	INT   monami6   Mobile Nodes and Multiple Interfaces in IPv6 WG
	IRTF  rrg       Routing RG
	OPS   dnsop     Domain Name System Operations WG
	RAI   sip       Session Initiation Protocol WG
	SEC   tls       Transport Layer Security WG

ENUM will meet on Monday, dnsext on Tuesday afternoon.

It's now also time to start working on the agenda, so please send any items
and suggestions to Rob and me. Here are the I-D cut-off dates:

October 16, Mon (13:00 UTC) - Cut-off for initial document (-00) submissions
October 23, Mon (13:00 UTC) - Final submission cut-off

-Peter
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:16:34 +0200

Dear WG,

the final IETF 67 agenda was published earlier today. We kept our slot:

A version 0 dnsop agenda is available from
<http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06nov/agenda/dnsop.txt>

Please send agenda item suggestions to Rob and me soon. The draft agenda is
due Wednesday next week:

October 23, Mon (13:00 UTC) - Final submission cut-off
October 25, Wed (21:00 UTC) - Draft WG agendas due
October 30, Mon (17:00 UTC) - Revised WG agendas due

-Peter
.

---

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:46:52 -0700

> Please send agenda item suggestions to Rob and me soon. The draft  

I am blocked by your provider. : (

Is there interest in reviewing-

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-spf-dos-exploit-01.txt

SPF/Sender-ID never requires SMTP client validation while demanding  
extensive DNS resources aimed at authorizing one or more email- 
addresses within an email message.  (The suggested alternative  
approaches are not relevant to DNS operation and were added only to  
illustrate that there are safe alternatives.)

SPF/Sender-ID represents a substantial amplification exploit that  
also facilitates an attack intent on poisoning DNS.  This threat  
represents concerns that should be relevant to this WG.  An SPF  
related attack will not be obvious in any logs.  The source of the  
attack can not be identified or stopped with ACLs and BCP38 offers no  
protection in this case either.

-Doug

.