Subject: [DNSOP] what's the right thing to do upon receiving something like this?

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:18:35 +0000

there is an rfc1918 address for this nameserver.  there's no way for me to
be sure that it's the same 10.20.2.102 that i would reach if i tried, yet
there's no way to be sure that it's not the same, either.  granted that the
best thing is if the address would not be published outside the connectivity
realm where that address works, what should i as the recipient do if it's
published by mistake?  (and what of 127/8, 0/8, 169.254/16, et al?)

;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 30414
;; flags: qr ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 31

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;drvthru.com.                   IN      NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
drvthru.com.            172556  IN      NS      ns1.drvthru.com.
drvthru.com.            172556  IN      NS      ns2.drvthru.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.drvthru.com.        172556  IN      A       65.36.252.4
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.20
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.11
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.14
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.13
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.4
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.12
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.22
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.21
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.6
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.32
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       10.20.2.102
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.251.163
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.31
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.30
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.29
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.28
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.27
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.26
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.25
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.24
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.23
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.16
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.7
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.15
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.17
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.8
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.18
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.9
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.19
ns2.drvthru.com.        3356    IN      A       65.36.252.10

;; Query time: 1 msec
;; SERVER: ::1#53(::1)
;; WHEN: Fri Feb 16 19:03:16 2007
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 561

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop