Subject: [DNSOP] DNS resolver loop for a ccTLD .bg

From: "Zvezdelin Vladov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:35:40 +0200

Dear List,

I didn't know where to go to, for such kind of
problem, so I am writing here.

When a resolve for a ccTLD .bg, there is
a loop going on, maybe somewhere at  auth01.ns.uu.net.

I am not an expert, so please help us to solve
this loop, because most of the queries go in a
loop.

You can check independently at (among others)
 http://www.squish.net/dnscheck/dnscheck.cgi

Here I am pasting correct resolve (A) and looping
one (B).

Thank you,

Zvezdelin Vladov

------Paste A-----------------------------------

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2-P2 <<>> +trace @ns1.itdnet.net hit.bg
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
.                       87099   IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87099   IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 308 bytes from 212.116.136.2#53(212.116.136.2) in 3 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
;; Received 315 bytes from 192.228.79.201#53(B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 215 ms

hit.bg.                 345600  IN      NS      ns.orbitel.bg.
hit.bg.                 345600  IN      NS      chicken.orbitel.bg.
;; Received 103 bytes from 193.68.3.252#53(NS2.DIGSYS.bg) in 10 ms

hit.bg.                 86400   IN      A       195.24.37.245
hit.bg.                 86400   IN      NS      chicken.0rbitel.net.
hit.bg.                 86400   IN      NS      ns.hit.bg.
hit.bg.                 86400   IN      NS      ns.0rbitel.net.
hit.bg.                 86400   IN      NS      ns2.hit.bg.
;; Received 189 bytes from 195.24.32.2#53(ns.orbitel.bg) in 4 ms

--------------------------------------------Paste
B----------------------------------
; <<>> DiG 9.3.2-P2 <<>> +trace @ns1.itdnet.net hit.bg
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
.                       87095   IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       87095   IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 308 bytes from 212.116.136.2#53(212.116.136.2) in 4 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      auth01.ns.uu.net.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      ns.digsys.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      ns2.digsys.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      sunic.sunet.se.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      ns-ext.vix.com.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      ns.register.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      ns-bg.ripe.net.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.32.64.12#53(L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 199 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(auth01.ns.uu.net) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 124 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 131 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 134 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 126 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 125 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 125 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 132 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 129 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 136 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 127 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 133 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 127 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 131 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 132 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

bg.                     172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 315 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 126 ms

.                       3600000 IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       3600000 IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 235 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:56:52 +0100

> a loop going on, maybe somewhere at  auth01.ns.uu.net.

auth01.ns.uu.net appears to be lame for .bg, and it also appears the .bg
zone does not list auth01.ns.uu.net as one of its nameservers.

I've notified some DNS people over at Verizon, so they are aware of the
issue.

In practice, this should not be a problem, as resolving nameservers detect
lameness and ignore auth01.ns.uu.net for .bg.

	Bert

-- 
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software 
http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services

---

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:56:52 +0100

Bert

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:04:34 +0100

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 12:35:40PM +0200,
 Zvezdelin Vladov <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 448 lines which said:

> I didn't know where to go to, for such kind of problem,

First and before everything, to the operators of ".bg" (as found in
the SOA of ".bg" or in the IANA database). 

This working group does not deal with individual cases, only with
general issues with DNS operations.

> When a resolve for a ccTLD .bg, there is a loop going on, maybe
> somewhere at auth01.ns.uu.net.

auth01.ns.uu.net is lame, indeed, and I know that the operators of
".bg" are aware of it and are looking for a replacement (north
americans secondaries may apply).
 
Apart from that, I believe the bug is in dig. It should detect the
loop (auth01.ns.uu.net is lame but recursive and so sends back a
referral).

Tests stopped, auth01.ns.uu.net is now down :-)

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:04:34 +0100

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:07:45 +0100 (CET)

> a loop going on, maybe somewhere at  auth01.ns.uu.net.

You have shown a problem for *one* subdomain of .bg - do you have
similar problems for *other* subdomain of .bg?

> this loop, because most of the queries go in a

The DNS info for hit.bg is *inconsistent*, and you should *expect*
problems. Fix those problems first would be my advice.

The .bg name servers (all in agreement) say:

hit.bg.                 4D IN NS        ns.orbitel.bg.
hit.bg.                 4D IN NS        chicken.orbitel.bg.
ns.orbitel.bg.          4D IN A         195.24.32.2
chicken.orbitel.bg.     4D IN A         195.24.32.5

So far so good. The supposedly authoritative name servers for hit.bg
say:

hit.bg.                 1D IN NS        ns.hit.bg.
hit.bg.                 1D IN NS        ns.0rbitel.net.
hit.bg.                 1D IN NS        ns2.hit.bg.
hit.bg.                 1D IN NS        chicken.0rbitel.net.
ns.hit.bg.              1D IN A         195.24.37.245
ns.0rbitel.net.         1D IN A         195.24.32.2
ns2.hit.bg.             1D IN A         195.24.37.246
chicken.0rbitel.net.    1D IN A         195.24.32.5

So here we have ns.orbitel.bg and chicken.orbitel.bg with different
IP addresses, and we have two "new" name servers which are unknown to
the .bg ccTLD servers. You should *expect* problems with such an
inconsistent setup.

Oh yeah, I don't believe this problem belongs on [email-masked].

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:07:45 +0100 (CET)

---

From: "Zvezdelin Vladov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:05:12 +0200

Yes,

As a matter of fact, yes, I have checked.

Maybe a google.bg is good for you?

Thanks go to the people who have responded
and notified the people at Verizon.

Zvezdelin Vladov

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2-P2 <<>> +trace @ns1.itdnet.net google.bg
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
.                       80646   IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80646   IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 308 bytes from 212.116.136.2#53(212.116.136.2) in 4 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 192.33.4.12#53(C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 133 ms

google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns3.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns4.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns1.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns2.google.com.
;; Received 173 bytes from 192.92.129.1#53(NS.DIGSYS.bg) in 19 ms

google.bg.              1800    IN      A       66.249.93.104
google.bg.              1800    IN      A       66.102.7.104
google.bg.              1800    IN      A       64.233.161.104
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns1.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns2.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns3.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns4.google.com.
;; Received 221 bytes from 216.239.36.10#53(ns3.google.com) in 127 ms

star@zvv:~> dig +trace @ns1.itdnet.net google.bg

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2-P2 <<>> +trace @ns1.itdnet.net google.bg
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
.                       80645   IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80645   IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 308 bytes from 212.116.136.2#53(212.116.136.2) in 7 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 192.228.79.201#53(B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 215 ms

google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns1.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns2.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns3.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns4.google.com.
;; Received 109 bytes from 192.92.129.99#53(NS.REGISTER.bg) in 22 ms

google.bg.              1800    IN      A       66.249.93.104
google.bg.              1800    IN      A       66.102.7.104
google.bg.              1800    IN      A       64.233.161.104
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns1.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns2.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns3.google.com.
google.bg.              345600  IN      NS      ns4.google.com.
;; Received 221 bytes from 216.239.32.10#53(ns1.google.com) in 193 ms

star@zvv:~> dig +trace @ns1.itdnet.net google.bg

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2-P2 <<>> +trace @ns1.itdnet.net google.bg
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
.                       80644   IN      NS      A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
.                       80644   IN      NS      M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
;; Received 308 bytes from 212.116.136.2#53(212.116.136.2) in 4 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 132 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 125 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

^[[Abg.                 172800  IN      NS      AUTH01.NS.UU.NET.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS2.DIGSYS.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      SUNIC.SUNET.SE.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-EXT.VIX.COM.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS.REGISTER.bg.
bg.                     172800  IN      NS      NS-BG.RIPE.NET.
;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 127 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 135 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 135 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 134 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 125 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 128 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 135 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 128 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 133 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

;; Received 318 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET) in 128 ms

;; Received 238 bytes from 198.6.1.81#53(AUTH01.NS.UU.NET) in 134 ms

---

From: "Zvezdelin Vladov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:05:12 +0200

Yes,

Zvezdelin Vladov

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:35:09 +0100 (CET)

> a loop going on, maybe somewhere at  auth01.ns.uu.net.

.bg went DNSSEC recently. Perhaps auth01.ns.uu.net was running some
old software that couldn't deal with that? Or has some silly
firewall rules right in front of it that break it with DNSSEC.

Paul

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:35:09 +0100 (CET)

Paul

---

From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:35:06 -0500

Given the interest in deploying DNSSEC more generally, it would be  
really interesting to determine if this were the case.

Rgds,
-drc

---

From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:35:06 -0500

Rgds,
-drc

---

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:28:15 +0100

Hi David,

I think Paul means that DNSSEC is the reason that auth01.ns.uu.net
is lame. That guy runs an old bind 8.3 or so and the other and is
not in the nameserver set  (See dig +dnssec @NS.REGISTER.bg bg ns;
the +dnssec is optional :-)) and they didn't bother to tell their
parent (so your lot) that they want it out of the root zone for bg.

	jaap

    > firewall rules right in front of it that break it with DNSSEC.

PS.  [Isn't this way too operational for DNSOP?]

---

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:28:15 +0100

Hi David,

	jaap

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:15:35 +0100

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 05:35:09PM +0100,
 Paul Wouters <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 15 lines which said:

> old software that couldn't deal with that?

To all: please be careful when speculating without asking first the
".bg" operators. They know the issue, they have been discussing it in
private and on a CENTR mailing list, do not deduce things too fast.

And, no, from these discussions, it seems it is not DNSSEC's fault.

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:15:35 +0100