Subject: Re: [DNSOP] reverse-mapping-considerations: ambiguity?

From: "Fergie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:22:30 GMT

Completely concur with you here, Ted.

- - ferg

- -- Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote:

On Feb 14, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Dean Anderson wrote:

> Basically, many people have greatly misunderstood this document,

That people have misunderstood the document is your assertion, which  
may or may not be true.   That people agree that using in-addr for  
security is clearly true, as your quotations suggest.   However, your  
primary assertion - that people have misunderstood the document in  
the way that you assert - remains unproven.

I do not object to making the document clearer, if good replacement  
text is offered in a timely fashion.   But I don't agree with you  
that the document is unclear - it seems pretty clear to me.   Clearer  
is always better, and if you can help to make that happen I'm all in  
favor.   But there is a side of this about which you are not talking,  
and it's important.   My concern, and probably Ed's as well, is that  
these repeated amendments are simply wasting time, and not adding value.

So my position is that if you can quickly offer an amendment to the  
existing draft that clearly makes the text better than it already is,  
and then you will be happy, I would like for that to happen.   And if  
you can suggest text to cut that you think is unnecessary, and we can  
quickly agree that that is so, I'm okay with that too.   But if you  
want to submit and debate a whole new draft, or you want to continue  
the debate into 2009 (since you are referencing conversations from  
2005), and that's going to keep this in the hopper, I would like for  
that to not happen.   We have been discussing this draft for a long  
time.   It's a draft that I think adds value as it is.   We do not  
need to keep discussing it for another two years.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 Engineering Architecture for the Internet
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net
 ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: "Fergie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:22:30 GMT

- - ferg