Subject: [DNSOP] comments for draft-pappas-dnsop-long-ttl-03.txt

From: Vasileios Pappas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:39:27 -0500

Dear WG Members,

We would like to solicit your comments on the draft:
draft-pappas-dnsop-long-ttl-03.txt.  Essentially, our draft proposes a
best-practice recommendation to increase the TTL value for infrastructure
RRs to 3-7 days. We are seeking your input regarding
any practical deployment issues not addressed in the current version.

We believe the suggested TTL setting has very small impact on DNS
performance, but can bring a large increase in DNS service robustness and
ability to withstand events like DDoS attacks.  We would like to request
the WG to consider adopt this draft as a working group draft, eventually
leading to a BCP RFC.

Thank you
the draft authors

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop