Subject: [DNSOP] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-02.txt

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:08:50 -0500 (EST)

FYI, I have submitted an alternate draft as an individual submission. It
was submitted after the meeting cutoff and so will not be processed
until Monday, March 19 at 9:00 AM ET, when Internet-Draft posting
resumes.

The draft can be found in the meantime at

http://www.av8.net/IETF-watch/Drafts/draft-anderson-reverse-dns-status-00.txt

If you compare the two drafts, and find them generally consistent, then
you have either not understood or not read closely the Sullivan/Senie
draft.  Particular attention should be paid to Sections 3.1, 3.3, and 4
of the Anderson draft and corresponding sections of the Sullivan/Senie
draft.

As previously indicated, I do not believe that
draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-02.txt should move
forward because it continues to have very serious problems, as
previously discussed on the DNSOP list.  I strongly object to the
Sullivan/Senie draft, enough to write an alternative. The set of
problems with that draft are not new, but have been repeated in various
forms, often just by trivial word changes, since the original
in-addr-required draft was submitted 7 years ago.  I think the only way
forward is to abandon the Sullivan/Senie draft in favor of an
alternative that is more clearly written.

Thanks,

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc

-- 
Av8 Internet   Prepared to pay a premium for better service?
www.av8.net         faster, more reliable, better service
617 344 9000   

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop