Subject: [DNSOP] A6 queries

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:47:08 +0200

During the last meeting, Kurtis Lindquist asked an interesting  
question. He asked if anyone had a good explanation for the amount of  
requests for the now experimental type A6 Resource Record. This exact  
question was asked by David Malone during the OARC meeting (july  
2005) as well.

We (Nominet UK) are seeing those requests as well, and though they  
seem to come from a distributed set of IP addresses, most of these  
addresses run well-known resolvers that are known not to initiate  
those requests, hence they're proxied on behalve of stub resolvers.

Since this remains unanswered time and time again, and these requests  
for A6 types do not seem to diminish, I'm hoping that those that have  
access to traffic to a busy resolver are willing to spend some cycli  
on this.

If anyone is interested in doing this, or has a reasonable  
explanation for these A6 queries, please let me know.

Roy

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop