Subject: [DNSOP] Archive links not working

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:11:45 -0400 (EDT)

Can we get these links to archived messages in the old archive working
again?

Otherwise, we should have to repost the original messages instead of
links so that they can be read in the future.

Thanks,

		--Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 02:46:53 -0500 (EST)
From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Cc: IETF DNSOP WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dnsop] WGLC for draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-02.txt

I've reviewed the draft, and do not find it suitable for publication.  

I strongly oppose the draft for the reasons described in:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/msg03891.html
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/msg03893.html
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/msg03902.html

A great number of issues, logic flaws and false assumptions identified
previously with the document, have not been addressed nor corrected.

During 2 sessions of discussion, the authors made assertions for which
there is no basis in fact.  In the second session, the authors and
proponents simply repeated claims discredited in May, as though those
arguments had no prior opposition whatsoever. They just repeated a
mantra, as if repeating it often and ignoring the contrary evidence
somehow makes the mantra true.

Documents published by the ISOC should be based on facts, not on
disputed, unsupported, even illogical assertions, and should be as
accurate as possible. High standards of fidelity are required. This
document does not meet such standards. Documents should also have a high
degree of community interest, which hasn't been seen for this document.  
Many of the messages and most of the support has been from persons
closely associated with the authors.

In my opinion, this working group should not be in the business of
uncritically approving documents which cannot stand critical
examination, and will, therefore, be subsequently discredited.  It may
take some time to discredit such a faith-based belief, especially in the
face of promotion using the ISOC's credibility, but time passes, and the
results are permanent.

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Peter Koch wrote:

> Dear WG,
> 
> this message initiates a working group last call for
> 
> 	"Preventing Use of Recursive Nameservers in Reflector Attacks"
> 		draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-02.txt
> 
> to be published as a BCP. The WGLC will end Sat, 2006-11-11 23:59 UTC.
> 
> Please review and comment on this draft on this mailing list. The chairs
> will not forward the document to the AD unless at least five reviewers
> have indicated their support (for both the draft and the intended status).
> Vendors' indication to follow (or not) the recommendation would be appreciated.
> 
> Please also include editorial comments; there will be a -03 anyway since
> the current draft does not yet have an IANA considerations section.
> 
> Given the title, the history and the purpose of this draft (remember the
> attacks launched at the beginning of this year?), vulnerability of other
> systems or server types to (becoming an accomplice in) reflection or
> amplification attacks and their specific counter measures is out of scope
> for this particular document.
> 
> -Peter
> .
> dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
> web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
> mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html
> 
> 

-- 
Av8 Internet   Prepared to pay a premium for better service?
www.av8.net         faster, more reliable, better service
617 344 9000   

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop