Subject: [DNSOP] draft-licanhuang-dnsop-urnresolution-00

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:37:26 -0800

Hi,

I have read your draft, draft-licanhuang-dnsop-urnresolution-00.

The question was raised just now in the dnsop working group meeting in  
Vancouver as to whether the content of this draft was suitable for  
adoption as a working group item. The question was triggered by the  
presence of "dnsop" in the draft name.

I have read your document. I do not believe it is a suitable basis for  
a dnsop working group item. Specifically:

1. The document describes a namespace which is substantially different  
form what is available in the DNS today. The existing DNS namespace is  
not addressed at all.

2. The document seems to address an extension to (or an application  
for) the protocol described in draft-licanhuang-dnsop-distributeddns,  
which (to this reader) seems clearly not to be "the DNS", at least any  
conventional meaning of that term.

Joe

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop