Subject: [DNSOP] Review of draft-jabley-as112-being-attacked-help-help-01

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:22:12 +0200

As promised in Philadelphia, here is my review of
draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-ops-01.

Basically, the document is, IMHO, ready for publication. Although it
will be very different from many RFC (as noticed, we don't have a
document series for this sort of documents), it addresses an important
need, allowing the AS112 operators to give a pointer to a ready-made
document, should someone shouts at them.

Editorial issues: 

The document tries really hard to calm down an irate firewall admin
(while it would be legitimate to shout back), and goes so far as there
is no mention that all AS112 operators are volunteers doing what they
do for the common good and that they should be treated with respect.

The draft says "Readers who continue to have concerns about traffic
received from AS112 servers after reading this document are encouraged
to contact the AS112 Network Operations Centre." But I cannot find
(neither in the draft nor on http://www.as112.net/ where is that
Centre...

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop