Subject: [DNSOP] RFC4641bis road trip: first stop

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:29:56 +0100

Lectori Salutem,

draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-01 has just been posted. I realize that  
this is not according to the rule to not submit 01 drafts shortly  
after a version 00 has been submitted and would understand if it would  
therefore not be able to feature the agenda.

While draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-00 is RFC4641 backported to XML with  
the errata fixed and some nits corrected this version contains some  
substantive material currently this is only strawman text intended to  
get progress  on the issues currently addressed; not all open issues  
are addressed yet.

For those who are familiar with the RFC4641 material I suggest that  
you look at appendix D.2 of the document that gives a summary of the  
changes and use the diff tool to assess where chances have been made.  
In other words use

http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-00.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-01.txt
or
http://tinyurl.com/cm4qw2

I would like to ask careful review of the new recommendations in  
section 3, specifically the key size recommendations.

As far as progressing this document I would like to close issues one  
by one and hope that after they are closed we can be strong enough not  
to revisit them. I will try to make an effort to high light certain  
arguments in the issue lists. Using SVN is a bit of an experiment. The  
issue list can be found at: http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/svn/rfc4641bis/trunk/open-issues/

Kind regards,

--Olaf Kolkman