Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Key Management and Provisioningl was Re: .PR ...

From: Florian Weimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 06:57:08 +0000

* Roy Arends:

> At least for Nominet, I want (2) to do cross-checking, be able to
> check what things look like before they enter the pipeline, preferably
> using the same channel as (1). Before I push the 'publish' button, I
> want to check it in private. After I push the publish button, its in
> the root, and world can check it with me, using dig.

Have you already got this self-service capability for non-DS changes?

-- 
Florian Weimer                <[email-masked]>
BFK edv-consulting GmbH       http://www.bfk.de/
Kriegsstraße 100              tel: +49-721-96201-1
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99

---

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 10:48:28 +0200

> Have you already got this self-service capability for non-DS changes?

Yes.

Eventhough we might not need it for non-DS change, since compared to a  
DS-change it is far less (in orders of magnitude) disruptive if there  
is a mishap. Furthermore, a non-DS-change is likely to be a fairly  
short string. Lastly, a non-DS change is far less frequent than a DS  
change.

But even then, we have got this self-service, and we do a cross-check.

Why do you ask?

Roy

---

From: Florian Weimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:07:33 +0000

> Why do you ask?

It's not mentioned in the procedure described at

  <http://www.iana.org/procedures/nameserver-change-procedures.html>

as far as I can tell.