Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-05.txt

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:58:56 -0700

FYI.

Extensive enhancement to the registry table.

d/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-05.txt
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:45:02 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Scoped Data Through Attribute Leaves
	Author(s)       : D. Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-04-12

Historically, any DNS RR may occur for any domain name.  Recent
additions have defined DNS leaf nodes that contain a reserved node
name, beginning with an underscore.  The underscore construct is used
to define a semantic scope for DNS records associated with the parent
domain.  This note explores the nature of this DNS usage and defines
the "underscore names" registry with IANA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.