Subject: Re: [DNSOP] draft-andrews-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303

From: "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:23:29 -0400 (EDT)

> 	Please review draft-andrews-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303

I've read this draft and would support it, in lieu of the omniscient- 
darft should that not proceed any further.  (I expect that if omniscient- 
went through then the registry in 6303 would become deprecated or adapted 
for another purpose not yet foreseen.)

wfms

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:42:32 -0400

On 2012-10-10, at 08:23, "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> darft should that not proceed any further.

I don't understand the logic in the sentence above.

> (I expect that if omniscient- 

I don't expect that would happen.

I think it's sensible to specify both that (a) these zones should be served locally, and (b) because we expect not everybody to follow that advice, for corresponding queries to be soaked up in AS112-like infrastructure.

Joe

---

From: "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:00:12 -0400 (EDT)

> I don't understand the logic in the sentence above.

That my young friend is called a senior moment! :)

> I think it's sensible to specify both that (a) these zones should be 
>served locally, and (b) because we expect not everybody to follow that 
>advice, for corresponding queries to be soaked up in AS112-like 
>infrastructure.

+1

wfms