Subject: [DNSOP] RFC 6781 on DNSSEC Operational Practices, Version 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:30:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6781

        Title:      DNSSEC Operational Practices, Version 2 
        Author:     O. Kolkman,
                    W. Mekking,
                    R. Gieben
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      71
        Characters: 161581
        Obsoletes:  RFC4641

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6781.txt

This document describes a set of practices for operating the DNS with
security extensions (DNSSEC).  The target audience is zone
administrators deploying DNSSEC.

The document discusses operational aspects of using keys and
signatures in the DNS.  It discusses issues of key generation, key
storage, signature generation, key rollover, and related policies.

This document obsoletes RFC 4641, as it covers more operational
ground and gives more up-to-date requirements with respect to key
sizes and the DNSSEC operations.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC