Subject: [DNSOP] a change for the dnsop wg

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:23:43 +0100

Dear DNSOP WG,

this is interesting times for the DNS, in operations and elsewhere.
We have recently seen increased interest in DNS and privacy/confidentiality
as well as in the topic of "new TLDs", scratching the boundaries between
ICANN and the IETF, again.  There are lots of new uses of the DNS one
way or another, good and challenging, in various parts of the IETF and it is
good to see that we maintain a committed core of DNS people within our
standards body. With the protocol being "ready", this is just the start of
another journey.

At this time, after 25 IETF meetings, I have informed our AD that I'd
like to step down from the position of a DNSOP co-chair and hand over
the responsibility to somebody else to join Tim in chairing the group.

It was a pleasure to serve the WG and the community and I owe a lot of thanks
to a lot of people for their work as reviewers, scribes, editors, contributors,
monitors (in the ancient sense of the word) and, not the least, fellow
co-chairs and advising ADs. Thank you!

Best regards,
   Peter

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:43:13 +0100

> the responsibility to somebody else to join Tim in chairing the group.

...and I presume there is no way one can twist your arm so that you continue I guess?

Let me use those words as a way for me to say that I appreciate everything you have done, and will do, for the DNS in the world.

Thanks Peter!

   Patrik

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:23:39 -0800

Thank you very much Peter for your effort.

I greatly appreciate your enduring involvement, in particular across the
AD transition and through to the present. I hope and expect that you'll
continue to keep me honest with respect to DNSOP and IETF DNS activities
in general.

Regards
joel

On 12/10/13, 9:23 AM, Peter Koch wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>

---

From: Paul Ebersman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 06:25:12 -0700

pk> At this time, after 25 IETF meetings, I have informed our AD that
pk> I'd like to step down from the position of a DNSOP co-chair and hand
pk> over the responsibility to somebody else to join Tim in chairing the
pk> group.

Thank you for all your time and contributions!

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:38:58 -0500

> Thank you for all your time and contributions!

+ lots.

W

-- 
Eagles soar but a weasel will never get sucked into a jet engine

---

From: daniel migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:41:51 +0100

+1

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:51:42 -0500

> the responsibility to somebody else to join Tim in chairing the group.

Viel Dank, mein Freund. Ich kaufe dich eineger Bier in London. Mehr als normalerweise, sogar. :-)

Joe