Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries-00.txt

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 18:27:46 -0400

updated based on feedback from the mailing list
File name changed at WG secretary request

 Olafur (for editors)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 6:25 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries-00.txt
To: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>, Joe Abley <[email-masked]>,
Marek Majkowski <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Olafur Gudmundsson and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries
Revision:       00
Title:          DNS Meta-Queries resticted.
Document date:  2015-03-09
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries-00

Abstract:
   Some DNS types have special meaning and are classified as meta
   queries, this includes ANY, AXFR, IXFR.  These queries frequently
   return larger answers than queries for other types.

   This document defines a standard way for Authoritative-Only servers
   how to refuse to serve these and other similar queries, with the
   expectation that resolvers honor that, by not asking followup
   queries.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat