Subject: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology-03.txt> (DNS Terminology) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 07:07:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'DNS Terminology'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology-03.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DNS is defined in literally dozens of different RFCs.  The
   terminology used in by implementers and developers of DNS protocols,
   and by operators of DNS systems, has sometimes changed in the decades
   since the DNS was first defined.  This document gives current
   definitions for many of the terms used in the DNS in a single
   document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.