Subject: [DNSOP] DNS message fragments

From: Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:24:43 +0000

Dear dnsop working group participants,

We put together a draft with more details about an idea that Mukund
Sivaraman proposed back in December 2014. There are still a number of
wrinkles to be ironed out, but we wanted to get it out for discussion.

Cheers,

--
Shane

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:41:00 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: "Linjian Song" <[email-masked]>, "Shane Kerr"
<[email-masked]>,  "Mukund Sivaraman" <[email-masked]>, "Shane Kerr"
<[email-masked]>, "Davey Song" <[email-masked]>, "Mukund
Sivaraman" <[email-masked]> Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-muks-dns-message-fragments-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-muks-dns-message-fragments-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Shane Kerr and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-muks-dns-message-fragments
Revision:	00
Title:		DNS message fragments
Document date:	2015-07-20
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		13
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muks-dns-message-fragments-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-muks-dns-message-fragments/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-muks-dns-message-fragments-00

Abstract:
   This document describes a method to transmit DNS messages over
   multiple UDP datagrams by fragmenting them at the application layer.
   The objective is to allow authoriative servers to successfully reply
   to DNS queries via UDP using multiple smaller datagrams, where larger
   datagrams may not pass through the network successfully.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat