Subject: [DNSOP] [Gen-art] review: draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 05:25:25 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00
     The .onion Special-Use Domain Name
Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review Date: 18-July-2015
IETF LC End Date: 11-August-2015
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document is nearly ready for publication as a Proposed 
Standard RFC

Major issues: It seems to this reviewer that at least the definition of 
how to use these names, reference tor-rendezvous, needs to be a 
normative reference.  It appears likely that tor-address also ought to 
be a normative reference.

Minor issues:  It is not clear that a github reference without version 
identification is sufficiently stable for a normative reference from an RFC.

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: Tom Ritter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 11:11:33 -0500

On 18 July 2015 at 04:25, Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Major issues: It seems to this reviewer that at least the definition of how
> to use these names, reference tor-rendezvous, needs to be a normative
> reference.  It appears likely that tor-address also ought to be a normative
> reference.
>

Hi Joel,

hellekin started a discussion on the tor-dev list about getting a URI
for the specs that can serve as a stable pointer to
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/ and a version
identifier.  So we're working on this.

-tom

---

From: hellekin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:50:48 -0300

> identifier.  So we're working on this.
*** And, it's done!

https://spec.torproject.org/ now hosts links to the future-proof URIs
for the Tor specifications.  Internet-Draft authors can now use:

- https://spec.torproject.org/tor-spec for the Tor Protocol specification
- https://spec.torproject.org/rend-spec for the Tor Rendezvous specification
- https://spec.torproject.org/address-spec for the Special Hostnames in Tor

When the IETF releases the RFCs for Tor specifications in the future,
existing IETF documentation will happily point to the correct documents.

Thanks to the Tor team for their prompt response!

==
hk