Subject: Re: [DNSOP] The EDNS Key Tag Option

From: George Michaelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 16:45:58 -0300

I like this proposal A LOT

1) its simple
2) its tractable.
3) its informative both of the end system and intermediate system
capabilities

but also because

4) it will provide us with immediately useful information to inform current
activities like the KSK roll, if only about the rate of system adoption of
current code, into the field.

I think its worth going with.

If this was done soon, we'd be able to use it soon. We'd learn things like
the average length of DNS resolver/forwarder chains in systems which
consistently deployed it. We might even learn which intermediate players
are 'blockers' of upgrades from the kind of heuristics we do a lot of in
reviews of routing, via tracceroute/ping differential analysis.

I really like this proposal.

-George