Subject: [DNSOP] RFC 7719 on DNS Terminology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:47:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7719

        Title:      DNS Terminology 
        Author:     P. Hoffman, A. Sullivan, K. Fujiwara
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 68383
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7719

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7719

The DNS is defined in literally dozens of different RFCs.  The
terminology used by implementers and developers of DNS protocols, and
by operators of DNS systems, has sometimes changed in the decades
since the DNS was first defined.  This document gives current
definitions for many of the terms used in the DNS in a single
document.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 20:06:09 -0500

I want to give a big thanks to the authors and the working group for the 
painstaking approach to completing this.

tim

Subject: RFC 7719 on DNS Terminology
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:47:23 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

        RFC 7719

        Title:      DNS Terminology 

The RFC Editor Team

---

From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 11:30:03 -0800

+1

Very good work by all involved.

Now, just need to have a similar document for the DNS protocol itself :)

Regards,
-drc

> On Dec 15, 2015, at 5:06 PM, Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> I want to give a big thanks to the authors and the working group for the painstaking approach to completing this.
> 
> tim
> <RFC 7719 on DNS Terminology.eml>_______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop