Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:50:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Managing DS records from parent via CDS/CDNSKEY
        Authors         : Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-12-14

Abstract:
   RFC7344 specifies how DNS trust can be maintained in-band between
   parent and child.  There are two features missing in that
   specification: initial trust setup and removal of trust anchor.  This
   document addresses both these omissions.

   Changing a domain's DNSSEC status can be a complicated matter
   involving many parties.  Some of these parties, such as the DNS
   operator, might not even be known by all organisations involved.  The
   inability to enable or disable DNSSEC via in-band signalling is seen
   as a problem or liability that prevents DNSSEC adoption at large
   scale.  This document adds a method for in-band signalling of DNSSEC
   status changes.

   Initial trust is considered a much harder problem, this document will
   seek to clarify and simplify the initial acceptance policy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/