Subject: Re: [DNSOP] requesting WGLC for 5011-security-considerations

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 15:08:25 -0700

Matthijs Mekking <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's been a while since I have had a look at this draft, my apologies.

No worries; I'm due to publish the copy that is sitting on my disk with
updates to the math.  So *my* apologies in return.

(and the update should be a bit easier to read too)

I'll review your math proposal before publishing.  I'm not sure we agree
with your analysis yet, but will consider it carefully.

> Furthermore, this document should also give guidance on the wait time
> before a revoked DNSKEY can be removed from the zone:

(which is also in the unpublished update)

> This document should probably update RFC 7583 because it is giving a
> better definition of Itrp and Irev.

Probably true too.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll be honest, I've
always had a hard time reading 7583 because the acronyms fly fast a
furious and it's hard to remember which is which.

-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI