Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2018 11:45:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Reverse DNS in IPv6 for Internet Service Providers
        Author          : Lee Howard
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-09-05

Abstract:
   In IPv4, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) commonly provide IN-
   ADDR.ARPA information for their customers by prepopulating the zone
   with one PTR record for every available address.  This practice does
   not scale in IPv6.  This document analyzes different approaches and
   considerations for ISPs in managing the IP6.ARPA zone.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 09:14:45 +0200

All,

>          Title           : Reverse DNS in IPv6 for Internet Service Providers

I think that the WG chairs should move this document to WG last call.

Cheers,

--
Shane

---

From: George Michaelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 10:47:52 +1000

I've read it. I think its cooked. I think we should move to WGLC.

I could quibble, but they'd be like tribbles. I think the author
should add me to the acknowledgements for NOT forcing tribbles into
the document.

"This is a poor inference." needed to be used more often.

-G
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 5:14 PM Shane Kerr <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Lee Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 13:13:30 -0400

> I think that the WG chairs should move this document to WG last call.

It passed WGLC; this rev was in response to some nits from the AD. 
(Mostly, he didn't like my choices in capitalization)

Lee

---

From: Suzanne Woolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:54:53 -0400

> On Sep 10, 2018, at 1:13 PM, Lee Howard <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> 
> It passed WGLC; this rev was in response to some nits from the AD. (Mostly, he didn't like my choices in capitalization)

Lee’s correct. It’s something of a loose end, as that was some time ago, but this doc has been through the full WG cycle.

Suzanne