Subject: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06.txt> (Reverse DNS in IPv6 for Internet Service Providers) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:23:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'Reverse DNS in IPv6 for
Internet Service Providers'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-09-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In IPv4, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) commonly provide IN-
   ADDR.ARPA information for their customers by prepopulating the zone
   with one PTR record for every available address.  This practice does
   not scale in IPv6.  This document analyzes different approaches and
   considerations for ISPs in managing the IP6.ARPA zone.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.