Subject: [DNSOP] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 09:56:35 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel a bit underwhelmed by this document: it defines problems, list some
solutions, but doesn't always provide an advice. Statements like "The string of
inferences is questionable, and may become unneeded if other means for
evaluating trustworthiness (such as positive reputations) become predominant in
IPv6." are true, but doesn't really help me if I need to solve the problem.

Nit: CPE acronym is used without being defined.