Subject: [DNSOP] Approving draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signaling

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 20:49:37 -0400

Dear DNSOP WG,

In response to some IESG ballot comments the authors of
draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signaling made some changes; IMO the new version
is much more readable.

It looks like a lot of changes, but they fall into two categories: a bunch
of section moves, where stuff that was not central to the protocol flow was
moved later in the document, some reorganization for clarity, and some
terminology changes for consistency and clarity.   There are no technical
changes to the document.

These changes were all motivated by the questions the ADs asked during
review, and make the document clearer in ways that will prevent a future
reader from stumbling over the same issues.

The changes all look good to me; I'm planning on approving them, but
because reorganization makes the changes look large I want to give the WG a
chance to provide feedback -- please let me know by Sept 19th (1 week) if
you have any major issue with the reorganization.

Note: This isn't reopening IETF (or WG) LC, it is limited to just the
reorganization / terminology changes.

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf