Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies-00.txt

From: Willem Toorop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 14:39:59 +0200

Dear All,

A new draft has been submitted addressing the issue of DNS Cookies in
multi-vendor anycast deployments.

DNS Cookies are currently impractical in such deployments, because one
implementation - even though it shares its secret with another
implementation - cannot validate the Server Cookies constructed by that
other implementation, because their methods for constructing Server
Cookies differ.

This draft provides precise directions for creating Server Cookies to
align the implementations.  This draft introduces a registry for methods
suitable for Cookie construction.  This draft deprecates all previous
methods of creating Server Cookies and introduces an inter-operable
method (version 1) employing the SipHash-2.4 pseudorandom function.

This is an update on draft-sury-toorop-dns-cookies-algorithms-00 draft
based on the experience we gained during the hackathon at IETF105. Mark
Andrews and Donald Eastlake are added as co-authors.

Willem

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies-00.txt
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 04:12:58 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>, Willem Toorop <[email-masked]>,
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>, Ondrej Sury <[email-masked]>,
Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Willem Toorop and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies
Revision:	00
Title:		Interoperable Domain Name System (DNS) Server Cookies
Document date:	2019-06-26
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		14
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies

Abstract:
   DNS cookies, as specified in RFC 7873, are a lightweight DNS
   transaction security mechanism that provides limited protection to
   DNS servers and clients against a variety of denial-of-service and
   amplification, forgery, or cache poisoning attacks by off-path
   attackers.

   This document provides precise directions for creating Server Cookies
   so that an anycast server set including diverse implementations will
   interoperate with standard clients.

   This document updates [RFC7873]

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat