Subject: [DNSOP] Wrapping up draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements

From: John Kristoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:10:20 -0500

Friends,

Duane and I pushed out a recent update to this draft.  There are at
least a couple of small TODO items we have to address (search text
for TODO) before it can be published, but I think we've exhausted
largely what we set out to do for this document and would like to see
this wrapped up.

If you could give it perusal and provide and alert us to anything
needing attention that would be lovely.  Thank you,

  <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements/>

   This document encourages the practice of permitting DNS messages to
   be carried over TCP on the Internet.  It also considers the
   consequences with this form of DNS communication and the potential
   operational issues that can arise when this best common practice is
   not upheld.

John

---

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 21:25:14 -0400

Duane/John

Thanks for updating your draft.   While reading it, I wanted to capture all
outstanding items
in the text.  I found 2 TODO and 1 XXX in the draft.  I include them here.

---------
5.2.  DNS Root Zone KSK Rollover

   TODO: Is this "overcome by events" now?  We've had 1414 byte DNSKEY
   responses at the three ZSK rollover periods since KSK-2017 became
   published in the root zone.

---------
10.  Privacy Considerations

   TODO: Does this document warrant privacy considerations?

---------
A.3.  IETF RFC 1995 - Incremental Zone Transfer in DNS

   As with AXFR, IXFR messages are typically delivered
   over TCP by default in practice.  XXX: is this an accurate statement?

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:10 AM John Kristoff <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements/
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>