Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sury-deprecate-obsolete-resource-records-01.txt

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 12:09:18 -0500

On 2019-05-12 23:51 -0500, Jim Reid <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [Unless Telnic's T&Cs have changed, registrants can't delegate these names to arbitrary name servers.]

This has changed.

As written on frontpage of registry website:
"Now also available as a generic anything-you-want-it-to-be top-level 
domain"

The non-technical announcement:
https://www.do.tel/news/2017/05/meet-the-new-tel/

"You can build, create or design your website in whatever way you dream 
up – using any hosting or website services provider that you choose."

and also in the FAQ at https://www.do.tel/faqs/
" If you do not wish to use the free Telhosting service, that is fine as 
you can use your .tel for any purpose of your choosing e.g. hosting your 
own website."

and https://www.do.tel/news/2017/03/do-tel-with-tel/ :
"As of March 13, 2017, .tel registrants now have the freedom of choice 
with respect to their hosting provider and use of the .tel web address. 
This means you can use hosting or website services for your .tel domain 
name provided by your current Retailer or any web hosting provider you 
choose."

HTH,
-- 
Patrick Mevzek