Subject: [DNSOP] updated draft-moura-dnsop-authoritative-recommendations-04

From: Giovane Moura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 13:52:08 +0000

Folks,

So we've presented the -03 version of our draft at IETF104 in Prague.
Thanks everybody for their feedback, sure help us to improve the document.

We worked on a new version of the draft, which yon can find at:

   *
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-moura-dnsop-authoritative-recommendations-04.txt

For each comment on the mic during the DNSOP 104 session, I created an
issue on Github[0], which points to the exact moment during the session
(Youtube recording) when the issue was raised. See the individual issues
to see how we addressed them in the new version of the draft.

The major changes are:

 - 's/recommendations/considerations/' : As pointed by Liman[1], the
word "recommendations" is too strong,  and may lead to an unintentional
 reduction in the  diversity of setups of authoritative servers. As
such, we replaced the word for considerations. Besides, other documents
such as RFC7626[2] use the word consideration instead.

- Recommendation on TTLs (R5, now C5) was completely re-written based on
new study (to be online soon), as well as on Peter Koch's feedback: as
Peter reported[3], previous experience on TTL recommendations on DNSOP
did not get consensus. Hope this new section and study fix most of his
and other folks concerns.

- Title changed to " Considerations for Large Authoritative DNS Servers
Operators" , well noted by Stephane Bortzmeyer[4]. Note that we plan to
change the draft name as well if/when gets adopted as a WG document.

There are several other changes as shown in the issues fixed.

As usual, feedback is always welcome.

thanks,

Giovane
on behalf of co-authors

[0]
https://github.com/gmmoura/draft-moura-dnsop-authoritative-recommendations/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed
[1]
https://github.com/gmmoura/draft-moura-dnsop-authoritative-recommendations/issues/14
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7626
[3]
https://github.com/gmmoura/draft-moura-dnsop-authoritative-recommendations/issues/17
[4]
https://github.com/gmmoura/draft-moura-dnsop-authoritative-recommendations/issues/11