Subject: [DNSOP] Confirmation of RFC Ed edits on RFC 8618 (draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 11:15:18 -0400

Hi there,

The RFC Editor and authors have made a number of edits to improve
draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format -- I believe that they are all
good, but because there are a lot of them I'd like to give the WG the
opportunity to review and object if there are edits which you strongly
feel change the approved meaning.
Note that this isn't an opportunity to relitigate anything; this is
restricted to changes form the RFC Editor which may have significantly
changed the meaning.

I'm planning on approving on Monday Aug 12th if I don't hear otherwise.
Thanks to the RFC Editor and authors for their detail and diligence
getting the document polished.

W
-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Matthew Pounsett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 11:21:49 -0400

> getting the document polished.

Where would one find the diffs for these changes?  The datatracker doesn't
show any updates to the document since the beginning of June.  Is there
another tracker somewhere for the RFC Editor Queue?

---

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 11:26:13 -0400

Matt (and others)

I have this email from Lynne via the RFCEditor desk:

The latest files are posted here:

   https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc8618.txt
   https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc8618-diff.html
   https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc8618.xml
   https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc8618-alt-diff.html

This diff file shows changes since the last posted version:

   https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc8618-lastdiff.html

This diff file shows all changes that have been made since this document
entered the AUTH48 state:

   https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc8618-auth48diff.html

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 11:22 AM Matthew Pounsett <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>