Subject: [DNSOP] Testing SVCB/HTTPS records

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 09:36:27 +0100

Does anyone know a service/software to check the consistency between
SVCB/HTTPS DNS records and the Web site? Such as testing the various
alpn, the various IP addresses hints, the aliases, etc. (It seems
ssllabs.com don't do it yet.)

I suspect that many people will put wrong SVCB/HTTPS records...

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:08:48 +0000

Hi Stephane,

> I suspect that many people will put wrong SVCB/HTTPS records...

I made a test setup for my TLS/ECH work. [1] Happy to
take PRs or tweak if it's useful to others.

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://github.com/sftcd/echdnsfuzz

> 
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:26:31 +0100

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 10:08:48AM +0000,
 Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]> wrote 

> take PRs or tweak if it's useful to others.

It seems it does not address the same thing. I was thinking of testing
*actual* published SVCB/HTTPS records, for instance to detect a case
where the HTTPS record says alpn="h3" but the HTTP server does not
actually speaks HTTP/3.